Writing for Children – Tips
My very first book was Kids Can Cook, published in 1997 by a small children’s publisher called Children’s Press. I’ve also written books for younger children and age 10+. And I’d like to share what I’ve learned about writing for younger readers with you.
I’ll also interview some of my favourite children’s writers and ask them for their writing tips. I hope it’s helpful!
Chris Judge (on writing award winning picture books)
Tip 1 (and probably the only one that matters) – read brilliant children’s books.
See a list of fantastic fiction for all ages here.
Lots more writing tips to come!
- Ask Amy Green
- Songbird Cafe Girls (2015/2016)
- Mollie – Notes for Teachers
- The Songbird Cafe Recipes
- My Other Books for Children
- School and Festival Visits
- Writing for Children – Tips
- Judi Curtin – Interview
- Brilliant Books for Children
- Celine Kiernan – Interview
- Jo Cotterill Interview (New)
- Oisín McGann Interview
- Writing Historical Fiction
- Deirdre Sullivan Interview